General Surgery Department is working in cooperation with many disciplines as it covers a wide area of interest. Our department successfully performs pre-operation diagnosis, advanced examination studies, post-operation control and monitoring procedures that cooperate with Gastroenterology, Radiology/ Interventional Radiology, Pathology, and Medical and Radiation Oncology. Another branch of General Surgery is traumatology. It is cooperated with Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Urology, and Cardiovascular Surgery, because multiple organ injuries occur in traumatized patients.
General Surgery undertakes coordination of all of these medical branches, especially multiple organ injuries.
Diseases which is diagnosed and treated in the field of general surgery;
- Surgical diseases that includes operations such as stomach, intestine, gall bladder, pancreas, appendicitis, hemorrhoids, fistula, goiter, cysts, and varicosity
- Trauma and accident injury
- Surgical oncology (tumors)
- Laparoscopic surgery (stomach/ intra-abdominal)
- Gastroscopy (gullet, stomach, duodenum)
- Colonoscopy (large intestine)
- Breast diseases and operations
- Endoscopy (examination of cavities, especially gastrointestinal tract)